S.V.S. TRANSPORTATION INC. ACCESSIBILTY PLAN
Star Van Systems Inc. is a family owned and operated business since 1990. We strive to make all visitors feel like
they belong to our family and assist them as much as possible during their visit.
Star van Systems Inc. will ensure our staff is fully trained and familiar with all assistive devices that disabled
people use while accessing our good and services on our premises. This is outlined in AODA training that is
completed by all employees.
We shall communicate with disabled people on our property in a welcoming and inviting manner. Providing the
knowledge learned in AODA training like always speaking to the person not the service animal or support worker.
Thus, showing respect and professionalism to the visitor or employee.
We at Star Van Systems Inc. welcome all disabled people and their service animals. Service animals are allowed
on all parts of our premises that are open and safe.
A person with a disability is allowed to have a support person present to accompany them while on our property
for the entire duration of their stay at Star Van Systems Inc.
Notice of Temporary Disruption:
In the event of a planned unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities Star Van
Systems Inc. will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason
for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of an alternative facility or services available to
accommodate both parties.
In the event of a disruption it will be made public 60 days in advance and e-mailed to our customers prior to
visiting our facility also it will be posted 60 days in advance on the front entrance of our facility.
AODA training is provided to al Star Van Systems Inc. employees. Training will also be provided to people
involved in the development of polices, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and
services. We include a Human Recourses handbook to all employees outlining our commitment to Human Rights
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
All mechanics, dispatchers, accounting, administrative employees and management.
Staff will be trained on AODA training within 90 days after being hired.
Training Includes the following:
- Access to AODA training to all employees once hired at Star Van Systems. Inc.
- It includes how to interact and communicate with the disabled knowing how to approach the disabled in
wheel chairs, with a support person or with at service animal.
- To be aware of devices such as canes, walkers and wheel chairs.
- An AODA policy is posted in the lounge which is centrally located for all employees and visitors to view for
- AODA and human rights is a commitment that is outlined in the Star Van Systems Inc. Human Resources
- Star Van Systems is to provide access for all employees to any changes to AODA and the Human Rights policies as they are reviewed and updated annually. They are posted and printed in our Human
Resources handbook and in the employee lounge.